“Good food!”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Old Monterey Cafe is located in downtown Monterey. Breakfast is always good at the restaurant! Every time I have eaten at this cafe, it never disappoints! It offers the standard mix of breakfast items at an affordable price. The service is always good and friendly. The only downside is that it does not offer many gluten free options.

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch here recently. Food was good. Pretty basic, I had a BLT and it was as good as a BLT can be. Fries were same as you would guy frozen at a supermarket. My partner had an omelette. The serving size was large and he enjoyed it. We give it a 6 out of 10. Decent but nothing special.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

One of the best egg Benedict we have had for breakfast ever. Very friendly staff. Good coffee, homemade salsa at all tables.

The fruit salad was very crispy and fresh.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent breakfast location. All items ordered were prepared well and correctly. When ordering off the menu, pick one not two like I did. I chose the eggs plate and added oatmeal as a side but the portions were large and I could not eat it all. The menu had a huge selection which I look forward to trying when we return to Monterey in the future. Don't miss breakfast here.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Ate here based upon reviews. I really enjoyed the breakfast here. I tried the chicken friend steak and eggs. The meals are very large here and came with biscuits and gravy and potatoes. Way to much to finish. My only complaint is that there was too much gravy. I tasted great. I would recommend. Also the pancakes looked great. Would definitely recommend this place.