“Tasty breakfast and plenty of it”
Review of Old Monterey Cafe

Old Monterey Cafe
Ranked #2 of 305 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent breakfast location. All items ordered were prepared well and correctly. When ordering off the menu, pick one not two like I did. I chose the eggs plate and added oatmeal as a side but the portions were large and I could not eat it all. The menu had a huge selection which I look forward to trying when we return to Monterey in the future. Don't miss breakfast here.

There are newer reviews for Old Monterey Cafe

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Ate here based upon reviews. I really enjoyed the breakfast here. I tried the chicken friend steak and eggs. The meals are very large here and came with biscuits and gravy and potatoes. Way to much to finish. My only complaint is that there was too much gravy. I tasted great. I would recommend. Also the pancakes looked great. Would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed breakfast both mornings of our weekend stay. Very busy cafe as they are very good, reasonably priced, and have very good service.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a breakfast there on a sunny October morning and it was awesome. I had an omelette - Denver Pride and my wife had a pancake. Both were really good. They have a wide variety of breakfast choices and had we stayed in Monterey a few more days we wouldn't go to any other place for breakfast. The service was prompt and courteous. They are opened at 7:30am which was ideal for our plans. Can't think of a better place for breakfast.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I love this place. While we are in Monterey we come 3 or 4 times. From lox and bagels (my husband is a NY Jew) to huevos rancheros you will love this place. The service is excellent.