Old Monterey Cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is a bit crowded and tiny but the food was quite good. The service is super fast and friendly! We would definitely go here again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We ate here for breakfast. I had the Castroville (I think) scrambler, which was full of artichoke hearts and truly delicious! My husband got the french toast, which I think he wasted his breakfast choice on since my scrambler was so good! We also got a side of biscuits and gravy since we get that every where we go and it was very yummy. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would go back if we are in town again!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had breakfast here twice on our trip. The place was full on a weekday. I think that tells you something. I had the Banana panckaes, my wife the French toast. It was delicious. This is the place for breakfast and will will return.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Sort of a local hangout from the look of things. We were very impressed. Prompt seating, got to order right away, very good food, well cooked, tasty, good sized portions, seating not too crowded, the noise level was low, and lots of parking nearby. Would definitely come again.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

You can never overlook the local customer base when staying in a tourist location. Where do the locals dine should always be a question. Skip the tourist traps and grab a table at the cafe. Try the calamari and eggs for a true local treat.