“A new twist on an old corner”
Review of Turn 12

Turn 12
Reserve with OpenTable
Turn 12 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 311 Restaurants in Monterey
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Turn 12 Bar and Grill serves California comfort cuisine in an environment that pays homage to the racing community and Laguna Seca Raceways 11 turns. The menu has something for everyone. With innovative appetizers, amazing burgers, steaks, pasta, salads, weekend brunch and 14 specialty beers on tap. The main dinning room is available for large groups and parties.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

If you have not yet tried Turn 12, now is the time to stop in and see what transpired on that lofty corner of days gone by. Gina Phinny and her team are creating their own spot away from their very popular sister restaurant, Baja Cantina in Carmel. We tried their tomato/basil soup and their corn lobster chowder and both were delicious. Their calamari was nice and light, deep fried lemon slices that I love with fried sliced onions and green beans. There was a very nice sweet and sour sauce on the plate that went very nicely with the calamari as well. We tried one of their flat breads, nice and flavorful and hot, linguini and clams, great flavors along with their new chile verde (giant burrito) maybe a little steal from big sister. Along came the hot chocolate brownie stuffed with ice cream. We waddled out very satisfied and agreed to return for their lamb pops and other interesting things on the menu. . Of course, we did not eat everything.! Enough for another meal at another time. Try it, support locals, they are working very hard to make their own place and off to a very good start. Great happy Hour 4-6pm. LOOKS LIKE WOW WILL BE HEADING THERE FEB 24.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by before catching a late movie. His boss had been there a few weeks before and told him about this place. We too thought this was a great restaurant. It was empty, but we went in during the middle of the week. And this place being recently under new mgmt, perhaps the word hasn't yet gone out.
The server was prompt and perhaps too polite, at least for my husband's preference. The server had only one other table to attend to, so he had nothing else to do.
We started with the flatbread which was great. That would've been fine for me, being pregnant with a reduced stomach size and bigger belly bump. But I ordered the rigatoni as the main dish. Excellent! It really hit the spot on a cold Monterey evening. Hubby got the steak which he felt was good. (Here is how I gauge whether he likes a meal or not: If he doesn't just share his opinion with me and I need to ask him, the steaks are satisfactory. If he openly shares without my asking, then I know whether the steak was one extreme or the other. All that to say I had to ask him about their steak).
Will likely be back if there was no where else to try or go.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to check this place since we haven't heard much about it. We sat behind the bar because there were hardly any people eating in the dining room. The bartender/waiter was very friendly and talkative. The owners (or managers) were sitting at the bar since I have seen one of them at Baja Cantina before. They weren't very friendly unless they know you and ignored most of us. Food was average. Sliders are about 2 bites each. The layout is more about the bar and less about fine dining.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This place has got everything but the food. Great bar with lots of space and seating if you want to watch your favorite team on 1-of-4 giant TVs, a nice backroom for live music and a great staff that is energetic. But the food? Meh.

4 of us order simple dishes: Pasta Carbonara, Burger, Pizza & Salad. The pasta was dry, the burger over-cooked, the pizza pre-fabbed and the salad swimming. Such a disappointment.

If the kitchen gets it together, this place will be a winner.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Newest place in Monterey is well worth a visit. Enjoyed tour of the modern, attractive, yet a little austere bar and restaurant, which offers music on weekends. Had light bar bite snack to start with. Bartenders recommended lamb lollipops, three meaty ribs with a crunchy, spiced, and charred coating. Tasty, quality meat but a little burnt aftertaste (might be the grill?). The fried calamari stood out, excellent with yummy dipping sauce. The fried oysters were not a stand out. Can't wait to go back and try more menu items. The name TURN 12 refers to the local racetrack Laguna Seca. The photos on the walls refer to racing.