“LOCAL GEM!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Peoria, Illinois
“LOCAL GEM!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We found this by accident, and boy, were we glad we did! We did not have reservations, but fortunately we were able to get in. The place is charmingly small, but oh, what a restaurant! The salmon I had was caught two hours before it was served to me, blackened...delicious. My husband, had Bouillbaisse, which I have never seen on the menu in the US. He said it was good. All of the employees were professional and really working their tails off. This is a family owned restaurant, which I later heard is a local favorite. I was also told we were lucky to get in the door without reservations, because there is normally an hour wait. Call ahead and eat here if you are in Monterey.

3 Thank Jelis55

• Korean first
Salinas, California
“Great meal!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited the Monterey fish house for dinner with friends for dinner last night. We had a reservation for what I thought was early for a Monday night. We walked in on time to find the restaurant was packed. A great sign. We were seated immediately and brought water and bread right away. As a better table opened were we moved to it without asking. Great service. Very impressed. The menu to us was familiar because our favorite restaurant in nearby salinas sadly closed a while back. The two restaurants were owned by family members. Two of us ordered our long time favorite calamari Parmesan with eggplant. We were not disappointed. It was just the way the salinas restaurant made it. My friend had the fresh ahi and my husband the birthday boy ordered the fresh Monterey bay salmon which was excellent. At the end of the meal we sang happy birthday to my husband and on our way out he was presented with a glorious piece of chocolate cake that we enjoyed at home. Great service and food. Next time we will be sure to get there early because as the evening progressed there were many many people waiting for a table.

“Top Notch seafood”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Small place, long wait, but worthid! A bit expensive as well but once in a while its nice to be treated with excellent food. Get there early or try to make reservations because it gets packed.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank AJ J
Madrid, Spain
“The best seafood in California!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We was there for a recomendation and was wonderful experiencie! It is a small restaurant but with very good food, all with the best quality we tried in California. The staff was very helpful. I recommend this place to every people who will go to Monterrey, CA.

Pleasanton, CA
“Great food”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were told by locals this was the place to go for seafood. The seafood was very good, and it came out quickly. Their oysters were very big and very good. I had the grilled swordfish that was cooked perfectly, and my wife had the BBQ octopus. Both were great.

One really great thing is that you can order any wine on the menu by the glass. You're not forced to choose from a short list.

Don't look for ambiance or a coastal view. This is inland and without any vistas.

Visited June 2014