“Great place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I loved this place. Tried to go here last year when I was in the area but wasn't able to. Glad I could make it this time around. The place was very busy and I got there about 15 minutes after they opened and just grabbed a seat at the bar. The bartender, Sam was great with the specials and generous with his pours. The food was excellent as was the atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this spot.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Good food done well. Fresh seafood cooked with respect for it's natural flavors; portions are generous. The smoked octopus appetizer was delightful. The calamari piccata was quite good as well. The shrimp scampi was not what I expected - the shrimp were firm, but the sauce had more tomato than usual and not enough garlic; also disappointed that it was not served on linguini - the pasta it came with was separately served and sauced. The grilled veggies served with the entrees were nicely done and had some bite to them. For dessert, my friend enjoyed her cannoli and I liked the spumoni and tiramisu combo. Very crowded on a Wednesday evening, so we were glad we had made reservations as we were seated within 5 mins of arriving. My friend and I shared an appetizer, each had a full entree and desert, no alcohol, and our dinner was $90 including tax and we tipped $20 to our friendly wait staff. Overall a lovely evening and we'd be happy to eat there again.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This place isn't in a romantic or scenic part of town but the food is outstanding and very reasonably priced.
We were visiting for the weekend and all the locals recommended this place, which means it's not touristy, just really good.
We went late Saturday night and there were no issues with the long lines that so many other reviewers talk about.
Yes, it is small and pretty loud but its fun and the food is what really matters. My party had fish and pasta dishes, all were good or great. I probably liked mine the least. I had cioppino, which I order if it's on the menu at any restaurant. The price was very reasonable but the portion was average. Not enough shrimp and no crab, which i think is a must in cioppino.
I will go back again.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ordered red snapper, served with cheeses pasta that I could have done without. Grilled veges made up for that. Oysters on the shell, calamari appetizers very good also. Leftovers tasted good the next day. I would def recommend.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Based primarily on positive TripAdvisor reviews, some friends and I enjoyed a great seafood dinner at Monterey Fish House. On the mid-week evening of our visit, the restaurant was quite crowded. We were required to wait about 10 minutes for a table. Reservations are accepted, and are recommended.