“What a find! Thanks Trip Advisor!!”

Hula's Island Grill
Ranked #5 of 305 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Caribbean, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Visalia
“What a find! Thanks Trip Advisor!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

While we stayed in Monterey I looked up restaurants in Trip Advisor and saw that Hula's was high on the list, so we tried it. Close to the B&B we were staying at we walked to Hula's for lunch. We loved the Hawaiian decor and the servers were nice as we walked in. I ordered the chicken hawaiian jerk and was worried about the sauce. Our server said I wouldn't be disappointed and I wasn't!! Delicious!!! Great food!! Great atmosphere!! Great service!! We recommended this place to two other couples that were staying at the B&B and they liked it also :)

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Monterey, California
“Welcomed to the Islands ~ colorful fun filled food”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hulas is so much fun. It is a lively tropical place with fun staff. Great for solo snacks, also for friends and family. We ordered their Bacon Cheeseburger Deluxe, A Big Kahuna New York Steak the Pan Seared Shrimp Tacos and beverages. They have it all. Priced right too ! Great meal and comfortable. Seating is close and noise level is moderate to high, but...all worth it ! Always a good time.

• Visited February 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“We came all the way from Canada to eat here!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We landed in SF and drove straight here to eat dinner. My husband has been here many times over the years and really wanted to share the experience with me.

The food is amazing and service is excellent!! For appetizers we had the Hawaiian ceviche- I loved the lime sauce and the Ahi Sashimi. My husband wanted to faint!.For dinner the Hadu fresh fish with macademia nut and papaya sauce and the lemongrass encrusted Hadu. Incredibly tasting fresh fish, amazing sauces. Wonderful drinks! Excellent, HAPPY service. We ate there both nights we were in Monterrey. Coming back every time we are in town!!

• Visited January 2014
Santa Rosa
“Vintage Tropical with Great Food”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The atmosphere is great with tikis, and bamboo all around. Great Vibes. We had a great waitress and she actually was able to address questions about the food and drinks. My husband questioned her regarding a Mai Tai and she said, Try one and if you don't like it will get you another drink on the house. Is that service or what! Drinks were good and since it was happy hour very reasonable. We ordered several of the pupus, which were really good, but the main course is what stood out. My husband ordered Dukes Luau Pork Plate which was just one of the most delicious pork dishes I ever put in my mouth, and it came with a ginger spiced slaw - delicious. I can still smell and taste the pork. I ordered a Korean Beef Short Rib dish, very good, but I definitely wish I had ordered the Pork. Luckily I have a husband who is into sharing.
We will definitely return and try some other items on the menu. Oh and if you are vegetarian or vegan they have a separate menu!

• Visited March 2014
Egham, United Kingdom
“It's Great”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Good food and drinks. Staff friendly. Really enjoyed our time there. We are from UK so very different for us would definitely go again if we had the chance.

Visited February 2014