“Hula's Island Grill”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The spring roll appetizer was excellent. I had the jerk pork dinner. Food and service were perfect. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting the Monterey area.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

What a warm welcome for our family of 5! We had driven all day and were exhausted, cruising trip advisor for food at a decent price. On a whim, we called Hula's island grill. A friendly man answered the phone and held a table for us. Ryan was a cheerful, knowledgable and attentive waiter. Lynette, the owner, stopped by several times and brought over special sour cream to cool our mouths . The food has a kick! The menu was very unique with a wide variety of Hawaiian cuisine. A bit pricey, but well worth the experience.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hula's, while on a busy street, is off Cannery Row and therefore seems more local. The staff is all friendly, great tunes, cool ambiance, and solid casual food. I keep going back to the calamari steak sandwich but the tacos are really good too. Long list of umbrella drinks and on Tiki Tuesday they are half price - or at least they seemed half priced according to my mental calculator. This is one of the "must visit" restaurants we go to every trip to Pacific Grove. The only downside is they are not open for lunch on Sunday or Monday.

1  Thank Craig J
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant is located a couple of short blocks off of the waterfront, and it's well worth the walk.
The food was great with just the right amount of kick. We had the blackened ahi and luau pork sandwiches for lunch, and were so happy, we ordered a couple of jawaiian jerk plates to go, which we ate while watching the sunset along the coast in big sur. Do oyurself a favor and avoid the tourist restaurants at the wharf, and for a bonus, take a meal to go, and save a hundred bucks by skipping the expensive restauarants in big sur.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Not in the prettiest spot in town but Hula's was good! Kids loved, loved the kid's chicken skewers. My fish was very good & so was my husband's Cajun burger. Margarita was tangy & delish. Ceviche was spicy & good. Atmosphere & service was good & fun! I'm a tough critic so I wouldn't give it 5 but I would give Hula's a 4.5 :)

1  Thank SupSoCal