“Fan-frickin-tastic!”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place was so good that we came here twice over the course of a long weekend. The poke (raw tuna yumminess) and the ceviche (served with fried wontons) were absolutely amazing. I am dreaming of them right now. The jerk pork ribs were wonderful, the tiki drinks were great, and we loved the liliko'i (passionfruit) pie. The atmosphere was fun and the service was very good. I am so glad I gave this place a shot.

There are newer reviews for Hula's Island Grill

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stopped in on a Saturday, just as they were opening for lunch, to get take-out. Love the cute tiki decor -- nice atmosphere. We ordered the coconut shrimp rolls, the Hula burger and the Big Sur veggie burger with sweet potato fries, and everything was fabulous! The veggie burger reminded me of the one that is served at Nepenthe (hence the name I suppose) -- one of those amazing burgers that even a carnivore would like. Chatted with the barkeep while I waited for the order -- friendly staff. He told me that there is a Hula's in Phoenix (apparently has been for a few years now, unbeknownst to me) -- I'll be visiting there soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great fresh fish-of-the-day, super cocktails and specialty beer, good service and pumping vibe.
Be warned the Spicy Edamame are straight outta a Pacific volcano!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came to Hula's with friends, sat on the heated patio. It was chilly and we appreciated the gratis blankets offered out there. The food was great, but be advised, nearly all is spicy hot. We enjoyed fish wontons with wasabi cream sauce and shrimp eggrolls as appetizers. I had the Jawaiian Jerk Chicken. It was very good. Like most of what we had, there was serious spice. The chicken, under some awesome sauce was a little overdone and dry, but as a whole the meal was excellent. Everyone else seamed to enjoy their food, too. I tried the artisan Lime soda. Was a very good alternate to a cocktail. The men had beer. Everyone had good fun. We were too stuffed for dessert. Portions were quite large. I would go again if in the area to try some of the other flavors.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good place but everything the 3 of us ordered was seasoned in a way so strange that it wasn't very good overall. The coconut-encrusted fish was good (but ginseng coleslaw side not so much) and the mashed potatoes and sweet potato fries were great however.

Too expensive to go back and try more weird-seasoned stuff :p