“Amazing”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our Scuba dive club just had dinner at the Hula Island Grill, We had a party of 14 and everything was truly amazing. We highly reccomend this spot to everyone that travels to Monterey.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,433)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm a local, born and raised in Monterey. I have been at this Hula's location SO many times and I always love the food, the drinks, the happy hour and everything about the place! This time I went with my boyfriend for lunch/happy hour. We ordered quite a few items and they were all really great, and at a great price since it is happy hour!! Our favorite is the ahi tuna steak sandwich! so good!!

Well this time it was weird because though we love the food and of course we will always be customers, the server was sooooo weird!!! made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome and not nice or friendly at all-- so unlike the Hulas we love. We won't let one person ruin one of our favorite places to eat, but wow- we walked about it even after we left because we were so disappointed in her.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Good choice for a moderate priced lunch or dinner. They offer an extensive range of polynesian cocktails and specialty burgers, pupus, fish and meats. Drop by for their happy hour. Great service with happy employees.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

A great place to get great seafood and Island Fare and a Tropical Drink or two!! Very lively crowd and wonderful atmosphere. Fun place to spend an evening!!

2  Thank golferman
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good kick back atmosphere. the Fish tacos are good for sure. Our server was a bit of a snob, but I guess I have had worse. If you like reggae music, it's playin' in the background to set the mood. Decor is cool too. will go back again.