“Great find”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Really enjoyed dinner here. Had the calamari sandwich which was delicious. Great service and a fab soundtrack added to a very relaxed and fun evening.

996 - 1,000 of 1,402 reviews

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Hula's seems a bit scattered...I like the place quite a lot, but I always seem to wish they would do more with it. The drinks are good (not amazing) and are a good value. The food is also pretty good, and a good value. The place has a bit of style, but seems to always be rife with children when I visit, which would make anyone need to drink more....but getting served when it's crowded can be difficult. The gent's room is very odd with no door, a single toilet in a plywood closet. and always a line. The past few visits the the places where we have been seated have been sticky, and neighbors rather close. The staff is nice and seem to be college kids who like working there place...that's a big plus.

I can't fault the place for being crowded, but I would prefer it a bit less so. It's very noisy. They once had fun stickers with a New Guinea style mask, but I did not see them and could not get anyone to help me when I wanted to ask about them. The mugs are a 10 year old design, and could use a new release (but they are "Tiki Farm" mugs) I will keep going because I find the place charming and I like the art but I think they could do better.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We took our friends from Monterey there the evening before Thanksgiving. At their recommendation we ordered a large selection of the starters and all shared. It was so good. Calamari, ceviche, seaweed salad, beef sticks, veg potstickers, and poke all delicious. And don't forget their "Zombie" cocktails. All this for $86 for 4 people. Thanks Lexi - our ebulliently charming waitress.

1  Thank colkirk
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Never really wanted to go in this place but was talked into it. Went there for an early dinner and happy hour specials. All of the happy hour drinks ($5) and appetizers ($5) were excellent. The problem was the main courses. I ordered a their special fish done pan fried style and the sauce was terrible, it tasted like a microwave salisbury steak dinner and not even a good one. The burger was ok, and the pork plate was nothing great either. I will be back for happy hour where I will fill up on awesome drinks and apps and skip the entrees. Service was excellent!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a burger/sandwich/taco bar with some good fresh seafood...
You'll read its noisy... it is, the tables are close, they are, and the wait staff is young
and efficient, true.
The food is fair to good... Ahi taco's and bowls-- good... mac and cheese, fair, fresh seafood-good,
poke... not good. Didn't try the burger... or the pork, but will on the next trip.
The drinks have a "stingy" pour so order a double and be done with it...
The atmosphere is old and worn, very casual, but at the end of the day its a neighborhood
burger bar and no more.