“Lovely, great views, excellent service!”
Review of Cafe Fina

Cafe Fina
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Fina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 315 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Del Monte Avenue
Description: Receiving rave reviews from both locals and its famous guests, Cafe Fina specializes in Italian seafood and features fresh local seafood, seasonal organic vegetables from the owner's ranch, fresh homemade pasta and a classic wood burning oven—the first in Monterey. Located on Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, the restaurant boasts many fresh seafood items from which to choose. Steak, pizza, and many other non-seafood items are also available. In addition to its standard menu, Cafe Fina provides vegetarian, children’s and banquet menus. The restaurant is pet friendly and offers a doggie menu as well. With gorgeous views of the Monterey Bay from almost anywhere in the restaurant, and the friendliest service in town, Cafe Fina is one of the better choices for a meal while visiting Fisherman’s Wharf.
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We had lunch here, my husband had a pizza...so good! And I had fish and chips, also very, very good. The batter was light and perfectly fried on the fish and the tartar sauce. I could of asked for more, it was so good. They make it in-house! Desserts were very good too!

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Great food and service. Yummy calamari and sand dabs. Nice views overlooking the water and seals from upstairs.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

This is hands down my favorite spot for clam chowder! They add cheese on top and toast the bread in a brick oven. It is delicious!!! Just visited again this past weekend with my husband and our 2 doggies. They have a pet menu and excellent service. We had conversations with about 4 or 5 different staff members. They are so friendly! This is the place I always look forward to visiting each time we come to Monterey :))

Reviewed June 29, 2018

My wife and I had lunch here while waiting for our room to become available. Near the Portela Hotel where we were staying, and on the Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey this popular restaurant gets both locals and tourists as customers. Joseph , our waiter, was great. Service was prompt, courteous and he also provided great conversation.
I ordered the seabass and my wife cipollo (sp). Fish was good, not extraordinary. Her dish , the mussels were on the "fishy" side. The pasta in her dish was overcooked. I wish there were more chucks of the octopus than we found. Fried calamari appetizer was delicious. View of bay and the place had a nautical feel to it. Enjoyed our lunch, it just was not an amazing one. Prices were moderate. Service again was fantastic..

Reviewed June 25, 2018

This restaurant is in lower Cannery Row (off Del Monte, before you get to the tunnel if you’re coming from Highway 1), about halfway down Fisherman’s Wharf, a one-block, carnival-like pedestrian-only section filled with souvenir shops and restaurants. It has Italian and related dishes, including beer and wine. I had linguini marinara with Italian sausage and a very nice cup of clam chowder. My husband and a friend had salmon salads, not officially on the menu but available if you ask; they were good, but I recommend checking the price before you order because they proved to be more expensive than we were expecting. It’s a small restaurant, so it had a bit of a claustrophobic feel. Food quality and service were somewhere between average and good. It’s a nice place to eat if you’re in this part of Monterey.