“Huge delicious cake”

Ranked #9 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Italian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Rosine's Restaurant is located in the heart of Monterey and we are proud to be celebrating over 37 successful years. We have been voted 'Best Family Restaurant', 'Best Desserts' and more by Monterey County since 1992! Rosine's continues a fine tradition of homemade quality food, generous servings, daily specials and award-winning desserts. And now the third generation in the Culcasi Family is working to continue this tradition. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner and fabulous weekend brunches. You can now enjoy your favorite cocktail while enjoying your favorite meal! We're featured on The Food Networks 'Diners, Drive-ins and Dives' with Guy Fieri, our episode name is 'Stuffed and Twisted' where Guy learns how to make our homemade Minestrone Soup and famous Lasagna. We are also featured on '100 Mile Meals'.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stopped for dessert after dinner at another restaurant nearby. We had head about the massive slices and weren't disappointed. Even sharing one slice between two people, we could only eat about half. We tried the rocky road - the flavor was great and the cake was extremely moist. Haven't tried dinner here, but I recommend stopping in for dessert if you're in the area! Staff was very friendly too.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Every time we go to Monterey, it's at least one meal in Rosine's AND SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT!!! If you look in their display case, you wil see what i mean. One gargantuan slice of delicious cake could feed a small country. Even the house salads are great here! I am serious. I have NEVER had such a delicious tasting house salad. I've been to Rosine's many, many times during my visits to Monterey and I am never disappointed.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by one evening for coffee and dessert. Wow. Had no idea how large a portion would be served. One can easily be split between two. We tried German Chocolate cake, Chocolate Chocolate cake and Chocolate Peanut Butter cake. All were excellent but each of us had more than half to take home. We plan on having dinner there next time we're in Monterey.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I always try to stop in here when in town. I have been many times over a period of many years and the food is always great, the service friendly and responsive and the desserts are amazing. This time was a little unique as we went to the local Crab and Calamari festival and were a having an early dinner as we passed on lunch. Arrived around 4:15 and found out dinner didn't start unitl 5. We asked about the dinner menu and our server offered to check with the chef based on our selections to see if it was doable. They were able to accommodate our selections and the food was great. Added a piece of multiple layered chocolate cake at the end to go. One piece and two of us struggled to finish it. I have recommended this to many people and will continue to do so.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food was good.I had french toast and I really liked the bread. Our son in law had the crab benedict, he loved it. Service was good too. The desserts all look great!!! We took home some chocolate layered cake and it was awesome!!