“Tasty Calamari”

Paradiso Trattoria
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We loved the calamari - it was tender and tasty. I wanted to try the sardines because we'd just seen so many of them at the aquarium (dumb idea I know!) I liked the preparation around them but didn't care for the fish themselves too much but that was not the restaurant's fault (the waiter tried to steer me away from them but I didn't heed his advice!) We enjoyed watching the people on the beach below our window.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were staying next door and the hotel recommended the Paradiso. We ended up dining here 3 times: lunch and 2 dinners. Smart casual dining with tables available by the windows overlooking the beach. Went native and tried the sardines- great. Best chowder we ate on the pacific coast: try their version of the sourdough bowl, it gets an Italian twist. The loaf is toasted and spread with garlic butter, delicious. Great value dining with good inexpensive wine list.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

After the Aquarium we walked cannery row and a nice server was advertising happy hour outside of Paradiso. We decided to go in. I got a margarita, and my boyfriend a cosmo. WORST drink we've ever had. What made it worse-- we had just come from Bubba Gumps where they had fantastic drinks. I don't know about the food, but I would not recommend a happy hour coctail at all.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The gnocchi was delicious. It was spendy but my husband and I took it to go and shared it which made it reasonable. Also this place has a great view and a nice ambiance. Would be good for a romantic meal.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were asked to step out with our son as soon as our food arrived. My hand to God, he was not even being loud or fussy. Manager has ZERO class. Such a shame because the food is pretty good, the view is great and I've heard the owner is a very nice man. Will not be returning.

1  Thank AmyJax