All reviews whole foods stay there again bottom floor good size mini fridge short drive cannery row rates
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

We booked here at the last minute and have no complaints about it other than being a bit out of town.

We had two rooms (one with a king and one with 2 queens), both were a good size, were clean and comfortable. The beds were especially comfortable. It is fairly basic, but that was ok for our needs.

The price was a bit steep for the quality, but because we booked last minute everywhere was pricy.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2018

We've stayed here on a few occasions as we live only hour's drive and visit Monterey a LOT. Got a pretty terrific rate, last minute, on Hotwire for the July 4rth visit. For the $, it was totally a fine buy. Easy parking and great location right near Whole Foods and the DelMonte shopping center. The king bed was very comfy. The TV could be larger, but was good HD quality with a lot of channels. Room was very clean. Mini-fridge and micro nice add. Happy to find ice and water vending machines.

I find the owners/front desk folks to be reasonably friendly. We do not partake of breakfast, so cannot comment on that ... but we'd REALLY appreciate a coffee maker in the room. But otherwise, I'd stay here again. I do not come to Monterey for the motel rooms, I come for the millions of things to do so really just want a motel with good location and clean, safe, room. This does the trick -

Room Tip: All rooms seem similar -
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jules T
Reviewed June 5, 2018

BUYER BEWARE: This hotel engages in unethical and shady business practices, and should be REMOVED from the Hotels.com website. While en route to the hotel, I called the hotel front desk to confirm my reservation for the Memorial Day weekend. I was horrified to learn that they had CANCELED my reservation without previously notifying me, leaving my partner and me stranded for the busy holiday weekend. I had made the reservation weeks in advance to lock in a good rate and had chosen the option to Pay At The Hotel. I had also called the hotel days in advance and asked if I could pay over the phone with a different credit card to avoid any possible hiccups with the paying on-site option, but they would not let me do so. Fast forward to the day of, and not only did they CANCEL my reservation without first notifying me, but now decided to post up that same room for a jacked up price 3x what I had made my reservation for! After staying on the phone with Hotels.com reps for nearly an hour and having them try to mediate with the hotel front desk, the hotel still decided to remain douchebags and unwilling to come to any kind of resolution. Please DO NOT stay at this hotel, as they will treat you like garbage. They are greedy people that only care about the dollar and will profit at your expense by any means necessary. There are way better alternatives in the area, which I made the mistake of not booking.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SusieNG
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

Remember the saying location, location, location? Also do you remember the concept of supply and demand? If the others around are charging more and are in the same area, doesn’t this lead to the fact that there are issues here?

#1 is the driveway. It is soooo steep that your car will most likely be scratching as you pullout of the driveway.

#2 the room seems to be left in a very insecure way with windows and curtains open.

#3 unreal cancellation rules. I tried to cancel 3 weeks before my stay and I was told I would have to pay a penalty. REALLY!

#4 no central air only a box in the window where you have to guess the temperature.

#5 no breakfast that I know of.

I will be polite and stop now, but I will say I learned my lesson to never come here again even if it is cheaper (up front).

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Gary I
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

At first, I was really willing to give this hotel a chance, it was cheap and seemed nice. I was happy at first! And then we laid on the bed and it was so hard you could feel every spring it was awful, I had such a hard time sleeping. Then, the neighbors above us were just walking around you could hear every little footstep. Finally the next morning we go in for breakfast and all they have is cereal and super old oatmeal cookies!!? I wasn’t expecting much from a Continental breakfast but at least a danish and a bagel or toast or something. I would never ever stay here again, so I’m just warning you now, spend a little more to get something just a little better.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple