“Clean Bed and Bathroom”

Reviewed January 29, 2013

- Clean Bathroom and big bed
- Free Internet
- Low Price

I want to start off by saying that for one and a half star rated motel, this place was clean. I usually stay at 3 stars and up hotels, but since I wanted to save some money I decided to stay here. I didn't expect too much, but my basic need was clean bed and bathroom and I got exactly that. Bed was a king size bed, relatively comfortable and had enough pillows. Room had a microwave and fridge. Room size was big for the money we paid. Free internet. They serve breakfast but I skipped it. It was about 10-15 minutes away from Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row.

That being said, there are some downsides- bed was a little springy, carpet was a bit dirty, towels were thin, you can hear people walking upstairs (but it did not bother us at night or wake us up in the middle of the night)

If you are looking for a cheap place just to sleep and clean up, this the place for you. If you are planning to stay in your room all day, then I suggest you look for another place.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor if you don't want to hear people above you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our home nearby has been under construction for a year and I have stayed at many of the hotels in this area. I found the Knights Inn to be one of the nicer, with more amenities such as refrigerators & microwaves (in most rooms), updated heater/air conditioner, hairdryers,very adequate breakfast and very pleasant staff. They are on a major street, but it is quiet at night and I always slept like a baby. I loved the convenience of being across the street from a major shopping center and multi theater. I will definitely stay here again whenever I need a room in the area. For the price you just can't beat it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've stayed in a bunch of these types of places as we dive Monterey frequently. I'd break it down like this:

Pros: Great bed - we had a very comfortable king bed that was much better than average for this type of motel. Quiet despite being on a busy street. The windows shut, this place is very peaceful. We slept GREAT and we are picky. Also, the location is handy for just about anything. You can walk to fisherman's wharf in 15/20 mins at a moderate pace, though it's uphill on the return. Access to shops, movie theater, restaurants and roads(especially Hwy 1) is fantastic. Everything was pretty clean for us. Free internet actually WORKED without any issue and it was pretty good speed as i had to work remotely for a few hours. Last, but not least, the price is very good.

Cons: Parking lot is tiny if you have a large vehicle. Breakfast was less than what others in the area will give you, not terrible though. Basically, you're getting cereal with bad coffee and super sweet orange juice. It's loud if you leave the window open for fresh air as a ton of traffic goes by from the mall across the street and folks accessing the highway nearby.

Everything else.....room size, front desk, small pool, maid service, TV/cable....was average.

Hopefully, you understand you are not getting a business class hotel. So don't expect that and you will be pretty pleased overall I believe. It's great for a night or three when you just need a good place to sleep while you site see.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great location for heading out south on a day trip to Big Sur or Monterey Bay area. Qucik and easy continental breakfast. This roadside motel is on busy Munras Avenue across from a Mall with a grocery store. We found that to be a plus for next day picnic along Highway 1. Free parking and a pool. The staff friendly, rooms average and clean. Great price. Quick drive to Cannery Row, Monterey Aquarium and the 17-Mile drive. A couple of restaurants within walking distance.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had never stayed at Knights Inn before-my husband had back east and wasnt impressed- but decided to give a try but would not stay at another one again. I was not impressed with the front desk staff person who checked us in. the room was ok but nothing spectacular. took a shower and the towels seemed abit rough and strong bleach smell. breakfast wasnt much. disappointed in staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had to pass through Monterey and made a reservation here. Glad I did as they appeared full when I arrived on a Sunday evening just after 9pm.

The location was perfect coming into Monterey from the North and wanting to head south on the PCH.

The room was very adequate for the price. The bathroom was superior for a place of this class.

I left before breakfast which the owner said would be ready by 7am so no comment.

The rate was excellent for this area, actually excellent period.

I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Looks like a reservation would be important. My room was the first on the ground floor in the NW cor...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while on a 3 weeks holiday in California. In terms of quality and value for money this was the best deal we got. The room was large and clean. There was a microwave and fridge in the room, large, comfortable bed and couch. There was no noise from adjoining or overhead rooms on either night of our stay. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful. We did not have breakfast here as there was a wholefoodsmarket just accross the road where we availed of a healthier option. There was also an excellent pizza place - California Pizza, also across the road where we dined on one of the evenings. The location is about 30 minutes walk to downtown Monterey, all on footpaths and downhill. I would certainly stay at this Inn again if I'm in the area.

1  Thank Biffos