“Great Value”
Review of Blue Lagoon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monterey
Blue Lagoon Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
santa clara
“Great Value”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I was shopping on the internet for a good deal on a room in Monterey and by far Blue Lagoon had the best deal . At first I was reluctent to make the booking due to some of the bad reviews so I called the property up . The manager at the property assured me that the rooms are nice and clean and to give it a try so I went ahead & booked for one night and to my delight the room was quite nice with a King Bed & fireplace,and I extended my stay for two extra nights.If you are looking for a budget motel this would be an excellent choise.Ignore the bad reviews and give this motel a try you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
beijing
Reviewed January 30, 2009

1 reviews with a budget, traveling for leisure
I had a nightmare staying at Blue Lagoon---I got attacked by bedbugs! Blood, swellings all over my body and the bedsheet was spotted with blood...

When I talked to the owners of the Motel, they were so rude and told me to get out. These people are Indian Indians...

They knew that I was a visitor from another country, that I wasn't able to do anything...

They even threatened me by saying that if I turn them in they would charge me big time to my credit card, because they had my credit card info...

I was so despondent then...I came back home with no less than 50 swellings...

It's not the just the bugs! It's their attitudes! So rude...

Q Zhang

Beijing, China

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank fcp1949

Travelers are raving about these Monterey hotels

Incline Village NV
Reviewed November 4, 2008

I needed to cancel my reservation two days in advance due to an emergency (my sister died). The staff/manager was so rude and they said they had to charge me anyway. I won't make a reservation here again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
London
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Very basic room but not very clean. Found some stray hairs near the sink and had a very sandy floor. Cheap though (we got it for $39 through hotwire) so you get what you pay for.

• Liked — Cheap price
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and batroom
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 18, 2008

this motel is so green. its full of different plants and trees, which I admire the most. the flowers were beautiful. apart from that the room was reasonable, but I am not complaining especially with the affordable price offered by orbitz. motel was close to fairground and aquarium, which is why we booked at this place. overall very pleased.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Boise, ID
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We stayed at blue lagoon on 29th of july for 1 night in a 2 bed room. the room was nice and clean. I was afraid to stay here after reading recent reviews but it turns out it was not that bad at all. I mean I got a really good deal in monterey and with that price I would not complain. by the way I was only here for the vacation because my kids wanted to go visit aquarium, they loved it and so did I. will be back next year!

• Liked — The flowers around the motel were beautiful.
  • Disliked — wish they had a swimming pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This place was absolutely terrible. It smelled like curry- the owners were rude and we got it thru hotwire that claimed it was 2 star but was absolutely wrong!!!! Don't ever go here and don't ever use hotwire as they were very rude and not helpful at all for rearranging our plans.... go to the best western next door which was clean, relaxing AND had clean showers and air conditioning. This blue lagoon customers actually were lying on the floors with the doors open dying of heat!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008