“Decent Place to Sleep, Comfy Beds”
Review of Blue Lagoon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monterey
Blue Lagoon Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Monterey B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had no issue with our reservations made on Hotel.Com. After checking the motels web site Hotel.Com was 40.00 and their web site was 80.00. It is on par with a motel 6, easier to park and quieter. The floors in bathroom our nice granite tiles. However I have a major pet peeve of mildew. I know it is moist here but use bleach please. The tub stopper in deep need of bleach.

We would stay again, no it is not right next to the beach, but at 40 a night it beat the hell out of the more expensive ones.

It is time to replace the carpets,no kleenix, or any type of paper or pens on desk.

However we were having so much fun and wanted to stay another night, we paid 55 for a Friday night, excellent so we stayed. The wireless internet is included and the signal strenght is excellent. We slept here, it has a fridge and microwave, very handy. No coffee pot but we brought are own, also no blow dryer.

So your choice, comfy beds, in need of new carpeting but clean and in a good neighborhood. The safeway down the street has excellent take out deli's for picnic on the beach. It is close to the main entertainments, but not too close, we were there in 7 minutes. So your choice again. We would rather go out and eat and have not spend a 100 on a room for sleeping. So yes, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: They all seemed to be about the same, we had a double room so no fireplace. Good cable at night with...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Blue Lagoon Inn

Reviewed September 1, 2012

you may search the address and find fireplace inn. you're there. location isnt great, NEED A CAR. but all in all it served its purpose. very clean. very spacious. staff were really friendly. theres a chinese restaurant and 711 across the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ak356
Reviewed July 9, 2012

good place w/ reasonable rates, friendly and clean

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Rooms are Clean and roomy, have microwave, refrigerator, television ,free wifi, clock radio, ice bucket, and glasses. Not available iron, ironing board, luggage stand, hair dryer, or Kleenex. A definite plus was the gas fireplace in each room. there was a continental breakfast in the office but no eating area, no pool or fitness room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I needed a place to stay and this motel had a room available while all others did not. After staying I can see why. The property was tidy yet the room appeared OK but when looked at closer it was a mess. Quite a bit of debris was found under the bed and around the walls, from bottle caps to hair balls you name it. I found that 2 light bulbs were out that the maid completly ignored. The manager was also no help. When I ask him for a receipt for my stay he denied me saying I booked online and he could not give me one, "go deal with Expedia" he said. I actually booked through Hotels.com. There was a refrigerator in the room that was loud and I eventually turned off, it would have been nice to use it. Beware also that the motel's name is being changed to "The Fireplace Inn" and there is a makeshift sign saying "Formally the Blue Lagoon"

Stay away from this one until they make soem changes.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2011

The blue Lagoon as changed name.

It now call the Fire Side inn.

Rooms are olds and smalls, the bathroom pluming is hard to work but does what it have to do.
The general cleanliness is average and the gas heaters are noisy. BUT, I stayed there 3 nights for 45$ tx inc during the week for a room whit 2 beds. So I guess i could not ask for a brand new room. We slept well. Just for you know the "breakfast" is cut muffins, coffee and OJ. WiFi worked great.

Would recommend it only if your on a budget or your cheap .... Just like me :)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SebTD
Reviewed January 11, 2011

I booked a night at the hotel in advance way back in june 2010 but had to cancel the booking about a week before it was due. The hotel went ahead and took the payment from my credit card even though i was within the cancellation period. Much worse than this, it is now 7 months later and I still have not been unable to get a refund, in spite of maybe 10 emails to the owner as well as the same number of calls from Venere (the booking site), there have been several promises to refund 'soon' but nothing has happened. Clearly the owner (Mike) is hoping I'll give up - how dishonest and untrustworthy is that?!

So take care - try not to book in advance, better still, go somewhere else where the service is better and honest.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple