3,306 results
All reviews brew pub fisherman's wharf jack's restaurant warm cookies cannery row ceiling fan convention center self parking within walking distance beautiful hotel upon check per day bike path monterey bay whale watching sea lions main building
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is a bit pricey and fisherman's wharf isn't the greatest. Too many homeless and child unfriendly restaurants. Downtown is a bit better. The food at the hotel was so-so. The courtyard of the hotel is noisy and the windows don't block it out, which you won't want to ever close if you have a room without an air conditioner in the summer. I will stay in a different area of the peninsula next time I visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed at the Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey. What a wonderful experience! The staff was so helpful, and the hotel was well maintained. Rooms were super nice and clean. The location is unbeatable! You just walk out the door and have your option of things to do and places to eat. Stella Garcia assisted my family in planning our stay at the Portola and I cannot say enough about her! She is awesome!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice room , enjoy my stay
Had a problem with my wifi, but its was quickly fixed. I was invited by my distributor for a four day culinary Summit. Didn’t know about the Portola hotel... i wouldn’t mind going again next year.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location of the hotel was great. Easy access to the Monterey Bay Coastal Trail. The door to my room was difficult to open. The bathroom sink is clearly not for shorter people so was not easy for me to use. Lighting in the room wasn't great either. The room itself was nice (average) the bed and pillows were comfortable. Loved Jacks Monterey inside the hotel. The bartenders at the bar were attentive and really fun! I'd go back just for them! :) Also, the rigatoni I ordered was super deliciousness!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was in a perfect location. Room was very spacious and comfortable. We didn’t use all the facilities whilst we were there but did use the outdoor pool which was great.... comfy sun beds and towels. The gym looked good but didn’t venture in there!! We were close to Fishermans wharf and a 15 minute walk from Cannery Row. Whole experience was great and would definitely recommend the hotel and the resort.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple