My family stayed at Portola Plaza from 12/27-12/29. Service could not have been any better. Everyone was very polite and willing tohelp in any way possible. We had a king and plenty of room for our 1yr old to roam. The view from the 5th floor wasn't bad, but a better view can be had on the 6th or 7th floor.
The location is the real draw to the hotel. The Old Fisherman's Wharf is right out the back door of the hotel. Downtown Monterey is right in front of you as you exit the hotel. The only real drawback was the parking fee.
We booked through Expedia at $107/night. I later found AAA for $104.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay