An absolute pleasure. Excellent for kids. The pool was fantastic with a lovely warm hot tub (38c•) to relax after a long day out. Most of all the location is brilliant. Everywhere is within walking distance but also a free trolley bus service stops just across the street from the front door. This will take you all around town for free.
Yes, there are seagulls that scream but no more than you'd expect for a seaside resort. Rooms are spacious with coffee and fridge facilities. Beds are extremely comfortable with additional pillows for extra comfort. A perfect place for a short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay