This place was the worse place I stayed in while in California.
You would think they could invest some money into soundproofing the walls. Every time someone flushed the toilet above and below you it echoed thru the walls. This went on all nite. Across the courtyard you could hear people on their balconies talking. The seals in the harbor got into a disturbance around 3 am and you could not sleep. My view of the ocean was possible if I had brought my 10 foot step ladder and left it on the balcony( they did offer an upgrade for $180 more). I complained to the desk about the noise but was offered no solution .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay