Great hotel, wonderful ambiance, Jack's is beyond superb, best beds of any hotel yet - and don't be dismayed at the rude check in clerks - especially Troy the front desk manager, the early morning volley of very loud and rude toilet flushes that sound like gun shots and the screeching seagulls who join those who get up early and flush. The homeless also add their blight to the scene and the skate boarders add a little excitement. Parking is the abomination of desolation.
Have fun and be prepared to take a second for payment of outrageous room rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay