I love Monterey. I also enjoy staying at the Portola Hotel and Spa, but there were some things in the hotel room that I didn't expect.
We had a nice room overlooking the courtyard on the 5th floor, but the shower could use a thorough cleaning. We had to use a towel to turn the short head flow. Another thing was that our neighbor above or next door's heater made a very loud hum in our room while on.
The positives are the staff. They are very personable and professional. I definitely would come back and maybe stay on a higher floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay