We stayed here for our 5th wedding anniversary. We had expectations of a nice luxury hotel and spa. We found that the accomodations were average and the spa was disappointing. The spa was being renovated, but I was not informed that my treatment was not going to include the aromatherapy bath and water massage as expected. At checkout I inquired about it and they only gave me 10% off of my treatment. My whole purpose for booking the treatment was for the bath. I was very disappointed.
Our room was very noisy, I heard everything that was going on outside, I don't feel like we had a moment rest. Between the people outside and the seagulls it made for a very noisy vacation. They should have spent the extra money and purchased sound proof windows. The wall are really thin as well. When you pay luxury prices, you expect luxury accomodations. If I want to hear the noise outside, I could have open ed the sliding door that led to my balcony. With thin windows, they left you no option but to hear the noise outside. The funny thing is that they charge more for rooms where you can hear the sea life.....so if you choose that option, change your reservation. You can hear the sea life from any room.
The shower switches from hot to cold while bathing. You have to wait a while before the hot water kicks back in. Also beware, you can barely see in the bathrooms, the lighting is very poor.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating, but it was definitely not worth the over $300 a night price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay