We booked last minute for a one night stopover. The king room was on the 5th floor overlooking the inner courtyard. The room was a good size and the shutters give a beachy feel even when there is no view to speak of. The water bottles on the desk were $4 each the cost of which was etched in the glass stand beside them - and hard to read. Perhaps a more obvious notice that the water was not complementary would have been helpful. The Venture gallery in the hotel's foyer is a collective of local artists and well worth a look.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay