The hotel has just been newly decorated with a nautical theme. The rooms look good and are well kept. The locally made mattresses on the beds are very comfortable. Since the new owners dropped the "Double Tree" franchise a few years ago the hotel has has seemed to be interested only in large groups there for meetings. Now Individual travelers seem welcome once more. There is a new spirit in all the staff who are uniformly very pleasant and helpful. Slightly better pricing is available. The breakfast is still good but now a buffet only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay