We just returned from a one night stay at the Portola. Overall, the stay was fine. The lobby was all dressed up for the holidays, and it was very pretty. Our room was nice, clean, and spacious. It was, however, a hike from the front desk. We soon found out that it was easier to get to if we went in by Peter B's brew pub.
We ate at Peter B's twice and while the food was decent the service was bad. We had two tables, one with 4 kids, and the waiter took the adults' order and ignored the kids for what seemed like ages. And we weren't offered a kids' menu. Drinks didn't show up. Overall, not so good. The burgers are tasty, though. And the beer, too.
One word of advice. If you want to go to the hot tub, pool area, make sure to ask for a robe. You have to go down into the lobby, out the door, and across the shopping area, to enter the spa area. Not so bad if you're wearing clothes and are dry for the walk there. But it's a bit embarassing to have to wrap a towel around yourself and walk through the lobby. Really. And bring a drink with you. There wasn't any water available.
The Portola is a nice, clean place but not my favorite Monetery hotel. Would I stay again? If we got another great deal I would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay