Good location, not great. A great location would be closer to the Cannery Row area. This is close to the Wharf area. Open windows were a necessity due to the warmth. No A/C, and this hotel is showing its age. Wifi is not free in the rooms, and figuring out which Wifi selection to make is a brain teaser. Bar drinks are quite expensive, but there are numerous other options close-by. Hotel is adjacent to the bike path, so if you are bike touring this location is good. Stayed at the Portola five nights for this visit. Starbucks is across the street, but a collegue of mine said the breakfast place on the mall-side of the parking garage was a good place as well. Dinner places abound in downtown and Cannery Row (stay away from wharf).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay