We were very satisfied with choice of hotel, having had so many opinions from friends that had visited this area regarding merits of other places in Carmel, Pacific Grove etc. At end of day, suited us perfectly. Great central location, very comfortable room, pleasant staff. A few downsides as mentioned by other reviewers. This was only hotel of four used on our trip without free Internet access and without free parking. These extra costs per night were paid for but left bit of sour taste at being ripped off a bit....not usually expected at hotel of this standard. Overall though, would use again and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED Certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, three on-site restaurants including a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay