This is our "go to" hotel when staying in the Monterey area. The rooms are very nice and updated with very comfortable beds. For a quiet stay, ask for an inside room away from the pedestrian road that can be noisy up until 11pm or so. There is a charge for parking but on check out day you can leave your car even after checking out and walk to downtown and the surrounding bay front. The restaurants are good and it has a nice lobby for relaxing. A Spa massage is also a nice treat.
We often rent bikes and ride to Cannery Row. I highly recommend renting a kayak or kayak tour that takes you to the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. This is a great kayak tour and allows you to get up close to the otters and sea lions. We usually rent from Adventures by the Sea at Cannery Row. Their guides are very knowledgeable.
We visit Monterey/Carmel often. Our trip would not be complete without driving south on Hwy 1 to the Highland Inn to watch the sunset and have drinks in the lounge. Breathtaking! A drive along Sunset Drive in Pacific Grove for tide pooling in Asilomar State Beach is also a must for ocean lovers. Go during low tide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portola Hotel & Spa reflects the captivating spirit of a rich, historical setting surrounded by everything that the Monterey Peninsula has to offer. Your stay at the Portola Hotel begins with warm homemade chocolate chip cookies, provided at check-in. As the only Silver LEED(R)-EB certified hotel on the central coast of California, the hotel boasts 379 guestrooms and suites, an award winning full service day spa, two on site eateries, a craft brewery and more! Portola Hotel & Spa is one of California's premier family-friendly destinations offering easy access to Monterey's favorite attractions. The hotel is also pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay