“Fish Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I ate here in July 2012 and was quite pleased with the tacos I ordered. Having grown up in the industrial Midwest and having spent all of my adult life on the East Coast, the notion of a fish taco is somewhat exotic to me. While here, I had two fish tacos and one pork carnitas taco. All three were very good. I left full and happy. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Still an old standby in downtown Monterey, just not as good as it used to be. It's looking a bit tired these days, needs some sprucing up both in the menu and the decor. We were in recently, and both agreed that they have shrunk the serving sizes, which used to be generous but are no more. It is a somewhat reasonable value for what you get and the outstanding location downtown, but you won't say wow!.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The prices were very reasonable, the portions were sizeable and the food was flavorful. I would recommend this place. After a busy day in Monterey, it was a nice break from the hustle and bustle with many patrons, but not overly crowded. After looking over the extensive menu I decided on the Bahio bowl, which did not disappoint. There is also a kids menu for smaller portions. My only disappointment was that they served black beans and not pinto beans.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Right near Monterey's main Alvarado Street, this is a fun medley of complex flavors involving both Mexican and Caribbean.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We ate at this restaurant mid afternoon on a Sunday. It wasn't too busy, prices were good (around $8 for an entree) and the portion size was good. Friendly staff, excellent food.