“Food was not what I had hoped for”

Epsilon Fine Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Epsilon Fine Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Description: Epsilon is owned and operated by a Greek family and has been serving the Monterey Peninsula for 25 years in the same location. The homestyle cooking is the closest you will come to actually eating in Greece. The Decour and the ambience is unbelievable. My staff is properly trained and outstanding at providing the best customer service. And finish your evening with the Best homemade baklava I have ever tastedand.so please come join my family and let us provide you the best meal and service while you're visiting here in Monterey. From the Rpsilon Family
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The waitress was very friendly and helpful when I ordered my dinner. My partner and I shared an appetizer and an entree. The appetizer had a variety of items on it and was okay. The entree (chicken kabob) was really quite bad. It arrived on the plate as a pile of shredded, chewy, too much lemon on the chicken and a side of white beans, green beans soaked in tomato sauce, and a very nasty tasting pilaf that tasted like rice with too much cinnamon. Maybe I ordered the wrong dish or went to the restaurant on an off night...but I wouldn't highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a very small restaurant and the food is perpared just after you place your order. If you want to enjoy a wonderful Greek dinner this is the place to go.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The first impression is that the restaurant is austere, everything is white, but it looks and feels "Greek" and is actually quite comfortable. We liked the list of appetizers so well, that we eschewed dinner entrees and ordered 6 appetizers. They were all reminiscent of greek food that we have enjoyed in the past, were delicious, and reasonable. Our waitress was attentive and experienced, and showed us a great bottle of wine to go with our repast. Every now and then you get a hankering for Greek food, and this is a perfect place to go for the experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband lived in Salonika (Greece) for a number of years, and adores all things Greek. So if we're in any town that offers a Greek restaurant, you can be sure we'll try it out. Which is how we came to this one...
We entered on a Saturday night, just as the only other guests were finishing up. And sat down to a pretty room and an extensive menu. (How do they manage to have all this food on hand, we wondered--especially in winter, when their clientele seems so small?)
Freezers and microwaves!
And just so, a basket promptly arrived with hot bread--microwaved to inedible oblivion. The large plate we ordered of mixed appetizers suffered from wan seasoning of the cold dishes, and over-cooking of the hot ones. Later, a thawed entree never got completely heated through--retaining a cool center. Maybe we should've sent it back--but by then, we were already taking refuge in the pricey wine we'd been recommended. (Over $100 tab, for the 2 of us. We fled before dessert.)

2  Thank SophieAlexandria_VA
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you want a break from the tourist restaurants or seafood, try this little family-owned place. The lamb shish kabob was quite good and tender. The service was personal and gracious; and the food offered a variety of new tastes.