“Great food and service.”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co
Ranked #23 of 307 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We called in ahead for reservations and were given a window seat. The view of the ocean is so pretty and the service is great. The only disappointment is they stopped carrying Dr Pepper as a beverage to drink.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I get the novelty, but I wish the food was better. I ordered the Shrimpers Heaven to share with my husband. It was just ok. Some of the coconut shrimp we received weren't even coated, and just had breaded coconut hanging from the shrimp tail. A couple of the cold shrimp weren't even cleaned properly. I also had a lemonade with strawberry pieces in it. That actually was the best part of the meal. But $21 for the lousy shrimp and $4 for a drink, I felt ripped off. I think this location gets extremely busy. And because of that, the food quality can suffer a lot during peak hours. We were there at 2 pm. Also, extremely loud. I had difficulty hearing people next to me sometimes.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

After recently going to Bubbagumps in New York, the difference in quality was unbelievable! We ordered Appetizers and Entrees. They brought the Entrees out first, which I questioned. I was told because the kitchen was so quiet that they decided to do all the food together. When I started eating the "freshly made flush and chips", I bit into one piece of fish and it was rubbery!! Not just one piece but 2! I finally got some help with it and he took it back to the kitchen, he came back with a kids portion which was ok. The Manager Michael (according to the board) was asking each table what they thought of the food and service, the table next to us said it was " So So" he went and told the rest of the staff and thought it was funny! For some reason he missed out my table and went to everyone else's, he probably knew what my response would be. This is one for Bubbagumps to sort out.

1  Thank AndyBaker65
Reviewed February 13, 2014

after visiting the monterey Aquarium and walking the cannery row it was time for lunch so we decided to stop at the most see Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. since the last time we did we had our three little kids at that time and it was expensive. But this time it was just me and Mama and not so bad. The food ,service, was out of this world and plan to go their ago in the near future and this is a must stop place when in Monterey

2  Thank millwrightjoefl
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Loved the atmosphere, shrimp linguine very tasty. Only downside was the waiter who started out being very friendly, but when we only ordered mains and one drink, his whole attitude changed. Didn't spoil our evening, though.