“Hard to go wrong”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Fresno, California
“Hard to go wrong”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have a soft spot for this place in my heart. Yes, it feels very "chain restaurant" compared to other places on Cannery Road, but I'm ok with it. I enjoy the folksy charm of the Forrest Gump theme. Went here for lunch the other day for the first time in a while (I've been making it a point to try other places). It was busy as heck (as always) and it's definitely a tourists stop. Whatever. We got seated quickly and received great service. The bar tender team of Steve and Scott were wonderful. Our drinks were never empty, and everything was done with a smile. These guys like their job. That matters to me. The food was good, although I had a little sticker shock from the fish n chips plate. They changed something about it (and you get more than I remember) but it was a few bucks more than I remember. Heck, I could just be getting old. All in all, good food, reasonable prices, and an interesting decor plus great service makes this a wonderful place to stop by if you're looking for more of an experience than top tier food :)

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Covington, Louisiana
“We didn't order that”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We sat next to the window running the length of the restaurant looking at Monterey Bay. By far the best part of our lunch. The wait staff changed out after taking our order and our order was completely messed up. However, the manager came over and took the burgers that were messed up off the bill, gave those in our party that wanted some free chowder, and ensured everything went well from that point on. The burgers themselves were as good as anywhere else. However, the Shrimper's Catch 1 1/3 pound of shrimp was great. Reminded me of New Orleans.

• Visited February 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Bubba Gump”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Fabulous meal, great atmosphere, nothing too much trouble for the staff. Bear in mind we were a party of 21 and they were very busy. Staff were very attentive and helpful and went out of their way to be friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Stateline, Nevada
“Sit outside no waiting”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ok. Not too much to say. Took a little while to get food. Mac and chees and a chicken Caesar salad.

Food was good. Service was adequate. It is a tourist place but I was with my granddaughter and it was a good place to take a break from our walk.

If you sit near the bar or outside you don't have to wait for seating. Usually their is room and there are heaters outside.

• Visited May 2013
Fresno, California
“My name is Forest...”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great service, good food, very cool atmosphere and location. I'd run back there again! Drinks are pricey, but you get to keep the glass on lots of them.

Visited May 2013