“Don't let the name fool you!”
Review of Sardine Factory

Sardine Factory
Reserve with OpenTable
Sardine Factory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Prescott
Transit: MST stop less than 2 blocks away on the corner of Wave St. & David.
Description: Every city has that one restaurant you can’t miss, where celebrities feel at home and every guest feels like a celebrity. The Sardine Factory's cachet has made dining in this historic Cannery Row setting a tradition for world leaders, sports heroes and entertainment icons. The award winning chefs prepare delectable creations of fresh, sustainable seafood and USDA Prime Beef; winner the AAA Four Diamond Award and the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for over 25 years.
Murrieta, California
“Don't let the name fool you!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Ambience superb, service impeccable close to the bay and all hotels on Cannery Row. No need to drive, it is an easy walk.

• Hebrew first
Houston
“Very good food at good prices”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great wine list, good food selection. Eclectic environment with different rooms for different moods. Nathan is an excellent server.

Fresno, Ca
“Play Misty for Me was filmed here.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been wanting to try this place ever since I saw the movie "Play Misty For Me" (Clint Eastwood's Directorial Debut) back in the early 1970's! I finally tried it, and I'm so glad I did! My friend and I sat at the bar and talked to "Big Mike" the bartender. We ordered appetizers (Shrimp, and a little pizza), and drinks. The bar serves free freshly-made potato chips that are addictive! Then, David the Piano Man came in about 7:30. I walked over, put some money in his tip jar, and said "I've been waiting 40 years to do this....Play Misty For Me!" and he did. Try it out for Happy Hour. Say "Hi" to "Big Mike" for me.

2 Thank dbrgdmn
Sydney, Australia
“BACK IN TIME”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent . The menu was varst and the wine list fe nominal . It almost felt like you were in the dinning room at Hearst castle it had that 1930's look and feel about it . At the front it had a piano bar ,which was nice on arrival , we had a cocktail before we were lead out the back to the Restuarant . Our only compliant was the waiter got the meals mixed up so there for we ate separately for a short period , but he was more than apologetic and paid for our desert . Nice romantic setting for couples .

Northern California
“Delicious and special”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We visited the Sardine Factory on our 29th anniversary. After a day of hiking at Point Lobos, we were ready for dinner by 5:30. We looked online and saw that there were many early dinner specials that included soup or salad and dessert.
We were seated in the conservatory soon after we arrived. Everything looked beautiful for the holidays, with a little bit of kitsch. Our only complaint of the whole meal was that there was no mention and no menu given for the early specials. My husband checked on his phone, and was able to bring up the special menu online. If you offer specials, why not make it known to your customers?
I had the abalone bisque, which was dreamy, and my husband had a green salad that was fresh and delicious. Our waiter, Gary, recommended the chicken in Madera wine and the cioppino, so I had the chicken and my husband had the cioppino. Both were exceptionally good. For dessert, we both had the chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce. It was huge. Had we known, we would have shared one. It was so good, though, my husband ended up finishing his, and I ate all of the mousse and just left a little of the praline shell. We also had decaf with our dessert, which came in our own little pot. It was hot and full-bodied, which is often not the case when we order decaf in restaurants. Kudos to the Sardine Factory for making decaf worth drinking.
The Sardine Factory is not inexpensive, but it is worth the price for the high quality of the food and service. If you go early, don't forget to ask for the specials menu.

• Visited December 2013