“Excellent Beer Selection and Food”
Review of Crown & Anchor

Crown & Anchor
Ranked #25 of 301 Restaurants in Monterey
Good for: Bar scene
Seaside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Beer Selection and Food”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The burger was well-seasoned and large portion, while ever so slightly overcooked (medium instead of medium-rare). The IPA recommendation fit my pallet well and I enjoyed and ambiance.

Visited January 2014

“Rude attitude”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Visiting Monterey for a conference! I took my wife to the pub for a drink. We sat outside and after not being served I decided to walk to the bar to order the drinks. I was meat by one of the staff who was Asian , and he rudely asked me to move from where we are sitting as there is a party coming over to occupy it. There was no sign that states it was reserved and the attitude was not acceptable. We left after this insult. I am not sure if this is a general attitude or not but that business in my opinion sucks with such employees.
Just a little heads up for the owner.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Ugeorges
1,113 restaurant reviews
“It was solid ”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the British food from the menu and it tasted okay. My chick had the ground beef thing and I had the beef and mushrooms thing. We also had the sticky toffee. It was good food and it was hot and it didn't give me stomach lesions. Good.

1 Thank Alzor S
Malmo, Sweden
“Not good at all”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Can't beleive that they are ranked as high as they are. Took 15 minuts for anyone to come to the table, another 30 minutes to get a drink. Needless to say we did not bother to order any food......

Visited December 2013
1 Thank LeffeEric
Vancouver, Canada
“busy late night gem across from the Marriot”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We arrived quite late for dinner on a Saturday. The pub was very busy with local Christmas parties taking place but were able to find one last free table. The service was outstanding! Beautiful pub. Excellent food, really fantastic. We had meatloaf and cottage pie. Both the best we've ever had. Just a very pleasant surprise, our whole experience. Very happy we popped in.

Visited December 2013