“GREAT FOOD!!”

Old Fisherman's Grotto
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Fisherman's Grotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 299 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Located on historic Fisherman's Wharf with stunning views of the Monterey Harbor, Old Fisherman's Grotto is a "must visit" restaurant. The "Grotto" has rightfully earned its worldwide reputation for only the finest cuisine in a superb atmosphere and service. Featuring fresh seafood from sustainable sources including Macadamia Crusted Halibut, Hawaiian Swordfish, Ultimate Seafood Pasta, live Crab and Lobster, the Grotto also offers a variety of the finest "Certified Angus Beef". Start with our award-winning clam chowder and finish by indulging in one of our fresh house-made desserts. Enjoy a bottle of wine from our 2014, 2015 Wine Spectator Award Wine list with over 200 selections specializing in local vineyards. AAA 3 Diamond Rating, Monterey Peninsula Chamber "Business Excellence" Award Winner. 2010 1St Place "West Coast Chowder Competition", "Best Chowder" Monterey County for 12 consecutive years , Winner "Best Calamari" three consecutive years in the Monterey County's Weekly Magazine "People's Choice Award". No high chairs. No strollers. No booster chairs. Children crying or making loud noises are a distraction to other diners and as such not permitted in the dining room.
Vienna, Virginia
“GREAT FOOD!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Great food!
Try the Roasted garlic, fried calamari, fried oysters and chowder..

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Something for the whole family”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My family of five ate here on a recent trip to Monterey. We were seated promptly at a table looking out at the wharf side of the restaurant--not the water side. It was fun watching the people go by although we would have rathered looked out at the water. My oldest son had pasta and my two other children had hamburgers. My husband and I enjoyed the Sole--his stuffed, mine parmesan encrusted. Both were delicious! I was disappointed that my salad arrived late...about a minute before my main entre. This is a very good seafood restaurant with quite a variety.

Aiea, Hawaii
“Has It All, Especially for the Ladies”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Went out with a big group of friends and had a grand ole time. This place has been voted for almost 10 years in a row as having the best clam chowder on the whole Monterey Peninsula, so it's not surprising that their food and service were immaculate and at the end of the evening every woman was given a little rose, it made my whole day! My only complaint is the price because it's expensive, but if you only go there every so often, then it's really worth it.

San Francisco, California
“Great food and view”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We're wary of eating at tourist traps on Fisherman's Wharf, but this place is excellent! The artichoke appetizer is outstanding, and both my husband I loved our crab quesadillas -- stuffed with delicious crabmeat, very flavorful, and servesd with a good fruit salsa and guacamole. They have a very good kids menu with lots of selections, priced at about $5. We had a window table, and enjoyed watching the sea lions frolic in the water, and enjoyed a visit from a gull who percehd on the window sill and watched us eat our lunch.

Our waiter was helpful and attentive and we never felt rushed .

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful view and food”
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My expectations were not high for this restaurant since it is located in a very touristy area - however - I was pleasantly surprised. The view was great and the food was excellent. Service was a bit slow at first but they provided a complimentary appetizer - preempting any complaint on our part and for most of the meal the service was very good. I highly recommend this restaurant.