“Best Ever!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
A TripAdvisor Member
Seaside, CA
Reviewed October 21, 2005

We have been going to Gianni's Pizza for over 30 years. We bought pizza there when it was take out only. We'd purchase our pizza, then have a tail-gate party (us and our 2 sons) eating this delicious pizza while still in the parking lot. No other pizza restaurant can match it!!

Reviewed August 11, 2005

Great pizza, good value and atmosphere. If you are looking for a nice place to take the kids in Monterey then this is it. We enjoyed the pizza very much and my wife who is quite fussy said that her pasta and salad was very good. We arrived about 7:00 pm on a Wednesday and although the place was very busy we were seated right away. You order your food at a counter when you arrive and then it is delivered to your table. Refills on the sodas and no 15% tip here. Great value for famalies on a budget!

1  Thank ronnyber
Reviewed June 4, 2005

My boyfriend found this place back in the 90s while he was stationed in Monterey. He brought me here for the first time a few years back and we've made it a must each time we visit. What an amazing gem. The pizza is as good as- if not better- than my grandmother's-And she's from Italy. They hand make their dough and pasta right in front of you and the "Gianni's Special"Pizza is my absolute fav. Hearty portions, in a fun atmosphere make this inexpensive treat a must have for anyone visiting in Monterey. Great for families and big groups. They bring the food to your table, sodas are self serve so you don't ever go thirsty waiting for a refill. The only drawback is they're only open from 4pm to close during the week. No lunch:0( We wanted to stop by one more time before we left, and they were closed. I sure wish we could have brought some back to Huntington Beach. Oh well, I guess we will just have to wait until next time. If you like Italian food, you will LOVE Gianni's. Go there, or you will be missing out some seriously great food!!!!!

3  Thank longliveniki
Reviewed March 18, 2005

We discovered this wonderful restaurant in 1998 and on each of our later visits in 1999, 2000 and 2001, we always find our way there! It is inexpensive and their pizza is absolutely delicious! No other way to put it! YUMMY! It is even good leftover the next day. The service is good.....you just walk up to the counter and place your order; before you know it, your food is delivered to your table. This is a favorite of the locals, so you KNOW it is good! We always notice lots of military families there each time we have been, so that tells you it is definitely affordable! Give it a try if you are in Monterey! The parking lot is very small, so get there early!

1  Thank luvsf
A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed December 22, 2004

I worked as a food service professional for over a decade and pizza is my favourite food.

In 1975 while stationed in Monterey, I lived a couple of blocks down the street from Gianni's and ate their pizza often.

No matter where I have traveled, NO ONE has ever made better pizza than Gianni's - not in over 30 years. It is not only the best pizza in Monterey, it is one of the best in the country.

So if you are looking for great pizza, you can't go wrong with Gianni's.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member