“Always amazing....”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is our favorite pizza joint ANYwhere, much less in Monterey...lots of ingredients on the pizza, lots of sauce, great ambience with multiple TVs around, salad option, full bar, and GELATO! Check them out next time you're in the neighborhood...

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have loved Gianni's pizza since I moved here 15 years ago ... HOWEVER.. with much anticipation I got a pizza on Friday and was VERY disappointed with it. It doesn't taste as good as it used to, it doesn't even look as good. SO SAD !
Consequently, I will NOT be getting any more of my pizzas there. For the price they charge (I paid $24 for a MEDIUM - 1/2 hawaiian - 1/2 tomato) it should be good.
Bad reviews travel as quickly as good ...
oh ... and I had ordered it over the phone, I had to repeat my order 4 times because the girl taking the order couldn't understand english .....

and if you don't like screaming babies/children .... eat somewhere else

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I really want to like Gianni's pizza. It's about 2 blocks away from where I live and I like the atmosphere and look of pizzerias. However my two experiences here have been quite lacking. The service here is great, however the pizza lacks a lot of flavor. The pizzas are of good size and thickness but I believe what's lacking is the flavor of the tomato sauce. Their garlic sticks and sauce aren't very impressive either. I can't justify the price when I know I can get better pizza at Costco for around ten bucks. I don't understand why this place is popular. If you're looking for pizza I would recommend Pizza My Heart, they have a much better selection and ingredients.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Gianni's is a very popular pizza place in Monterey. The pizza was good, but not fab. The interior of the restaurant is tired. I don't think they've updated in the last 20 years--especially the carpeting! I really don't like that once you order the pizza at the counter, then the customer has to go to a different counter for beer. It can be quite busy, so expect to stand in two lines!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have been coming to this place for over twenty years. It's my kids favorite now that I have a family. You can't go wrong here. Delicious pizza with a delicious crust. I love everything here pasta dishes as well. Very hearty servings and they have made a dramatic improvement to their salads lately. Delicious you will not be disappointed.