“Yum! A must stop!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I traveled to the Monterey area with a family member that used to live there - and found this little gem of a joint a few years ago. The sandwiches are AWESOME! We had the BLT, it was recommended to me, and I don't regret it! If I could go back weekly I would! Don't let the decor throw you off, after all this is a family owned deli, the food is what you are going for! Decent prices for the quality and quantity of their sandwiches! Stop by when in Monterey or Pacific Grove!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Food is fantastic and huge portions. We love getting sandwiches here, but a full sandwich feeds both of us. The owner is a fantastic gentleman who has been more than friendly to us each time we go.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This place is FANTASTIC!!!! The prices are reasonable. The sandwiches are HUGE & out of this world, the salads are homemade & the cake...................oh my GOODNESS, the cake is FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Our group stops by here every time we go to Monterey & each of us orders a different kind & then we go sit on the beach & share it. My favorite is the Chocolate Peanut Butter......IT IS TO DIE FOR!!! The staff is so friendly & the owner is quite a guy! As an added plus, there are always soldiers with their families stopping in there & we are able to thank them for their service (It always makes my day when I can do that). Highly recommend this place!!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

On recent trip to Monterey Peninsula for Labor Day weekend DH& myself headed to Compagno's after reading about on TA{always do my homework before travelling}.Ordered #27 reg. size which was chicken breast, cheese ,bacon,&avocado,along with broccoli salad,red velvet cake& a soda for less than $20!!
We shared a table with a young soldier&his family who had come to his graduation from the language school. Compagnos is a friendly place& Bennett is an affable character! This place needs to featured on Diners,Drive-ins & Dives!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Around the corner from my home which makes it a great quick stop for a delicious sandwich. Will be keep coming back.