“Good food and beer”

Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Good beer at a nice bar. The selection is good, tho nothing out of ordinary for a bar with a better than average selection. The food is good - but again, not spectacular. wholesome and tasty.
Atmosphere is pub-like. Not fancy and a bit rough in the dining area, tho the bar is pleasant.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We popped in here for a quick drink after eating elsewhere - I was thrilled to see draft "Strongbow" cider but completely disappointed to receive it in a pint glass that had obviously been used for beer and not washed properly -yuk! very grubby interior decor -a dive!

2  Thank lynneewilliams
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Refused entry to my friend who is registered blind. Reasoning was that he was all over the place. Explained that he can't see at night - one doorman totally understood the situation but the other (who claimed to be the owner) wouldn't back down. So the lasting impression of this place is that they hate people with disabilities. I'd appreciate it if you avoided this place but told them that you are. I want their actions to be financially painful.

4  Thank Mark1974w
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Thought this pub looked interesting but the drinks here are poor the men had beer which tasted like vinegar, my vodka and coke tasted like harsh cheap vodka , when asked to change it the barman was really rude, second drink was as bad as the first - undrinkable. Glad we didn't eat here. We left before the entertainment started which seemed to be a 70year old man dressed as a sailor, I dread to think what he was going to do. Overall a bad experience and would not recommend.

1  Thank Annette H
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The food was really good as were the prices. Waitress took our order quickly. The kitchen took a ridiculous amount of time considering We were the only order they were working on. I think they had to go out and catch the fish. I would hate to see how long it take when they are busy