“Best meal on our coastal adventure”

The Market Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 301 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles, CA
“Best meal on our coastal adventure”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This restaurant turned out to be quite a gem. Definitely off the beaten path, but worth the drive. We had the steak piazzola and it was fantastic. Best tender steak I have had in a long time. The appetizers and dessert were also excellent. The service was top notch. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited July 2014

“Cozy place away from the tourist traps in Monterey”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The Market Restaurant was just across the street from our motel and we didn't want to go downtown one night. We ended up being very happy for that, because this place is a treasure.
Not a big menu, but what's there, tastes great. Reasonable prices and good wine.
Fredrik and his fiance who run the place were very friendly and their staff attentive.

Visited July 2014
Seaside, California
“I'm trying to like this restaurant.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Went shortly after they first opened and it was ok. Can't judge it that soon. The location is next to a produce market and there is parking available. I work in Seaside CA and not that many options beside fast food. I will say the Bayonet Golf course has upped its game considerably! Very good. The Market was remodeled and they did a very nice job. My sis took me out to lunch at the Market today at my suggestion. She had the Greek salad with prawns. Delicious. I had Halibut. The plates were beautifully presented. My halibut was over cooked and the fingerling potatoes under cooked. It was just a little off. I hate to complain and I wish them all the success but the restaurant was not crowded at all. I ordered a Moretti and she coffee. Drinks never came. I cancelled my beer and she finally got her coffee when lunch was served after asking. I think it's been open for more then a year now so they need to tighten it up. Could be a really good restaurant in an area starved for one.

1 Thank Gary S
“Must have been an off day?”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I know it's a newer restaurant but, our food was lack luster and bland. We started with the hummus thought that would be a good start from Mediterranean restaurant. We found ourselves adding salt to liven it up. I had the Greek salad and I guess I had high expectations. No pepperoncini's, barely any tomatoes, and light feta cheese oh and NO olives!!! Boring.... As for my husbands lunch he had the burger with the egg. Egg was over hard, burger was very thick and greasy.
For him not to finish his lunch is unusual.

As a local we won't hurry back but, will retry in the future....

3 Thank Colleen K
Berlin
“Nice place to dine in Monterey”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The quality of the food was very good and not over priced. The owner/manager, Frederick, made you feel you were visiting his home even walking you outside when you were leaving. Less than showy exterior but a beautiful, comfortable interior.