“Good food but a bit pricey”
Review of Montrio Bistro

Montrio Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Montrio Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, French, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Transit: Monterey Airbus and local Bus Transit near Montrio Bistro
Houston
“Good food but a bit pricey”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice atmosphere and the service was pleasant. Our entrees were good but not anything to do a happy dance. Most entrees were in the mid to upper $20 range. We went on a Sunday night and they had 50% off on their wines by the bottle!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tallahassee, Florida
“The Best Reason to Visit Monterey”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband had visited Monterey in 2009 while on a book tour. He remembered this restaurant as being particularly good so when he brought me to Monterey last month to celebrate our anniversary, this was the restaurant he chose.

We arrived into town around 6 on a Friday evening. We walked over to the restaurant and the earliest they could fit us in was 8:30. That was pretty late for us for a meal, but no other place around looked as inviting (plus I had a look at the menu and was intrigued).

We came back early, they seated us at a very nice table and we ordered a bottle of wine from our very knowledgeable waiter. I ordered the seafood special they had for the evening and was thoroughly satisfied. (sorry, can't remember what my husband had, just remember that is was great). My dish has brussell sprouts and I hate brussell sprouts but somehow they made them so tasty, crunchy and delicious.

And as full as we were, we decided to get dessert because how can you turn down chocolate cake with ice cream made from Guinness, right? The waiter brought us the dessert to share with an anniversary greeting just for us. I was touched.

Also, I noticed their extensive cocktail list. My husband and I decided to return the following evening (our last evening in Monterey) to sit at the bar for a cocktail and their small plates. I ordered a drink called the Uncommon Dark and Stormy - probably the best cocktail I have ever had. Not to mention, just watching the bartenders create these marvelous drinks was so entertaining and informative (I asked a lot of questions and they were so accommodating even though busy on a Saturday night).

Monterey was a nice place to visit, but this restaurant alone is enough of a reason to return. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ann V
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The best artichoke ravioli!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I went there without a reservation with 5 friends, although I would recommend making a reservation. The ambiance is great, nice decor. Service was great and the food superb. We had the fried calamari as an appetizer, my friend had the salmon and he said it was fantastic. Another person had the crab cales. everyone was happy. Will definitly be back!

• Visited June 2013
Albuquerque, NM
“Consistently Outstanding!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Montrio delivers a consistently outstanding dining experience! The food is expertly prepared, the service is great--very attentive, responsive and knowledgeable. We visit Monterey 3-4 times a year and always look forward to eating here. It's always fabulous!

Visited May 2013
Bath, UK
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ate here in early May and we were treated to one of the best meals of our 3 week holiday. We shared duck popcorn to start because we were intrigued and it was one of the maddest, but tastiest things I've ever eaten.

Our waiter, Chris was friendly and attentive and was able to provide some really good suggestions, including a couple of killer cocktails and a fabulous bottle of wine.

The atmosphere was really great - buzzy but intimate at the same time.

• Visited May 2013