“Excellent meal”
Review of Montrio Bistro

Montrio Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Montrio Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 305 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: American, French, Italian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin
Transit: Monterey Airbus and local Bus Transit near Montrio Bistro
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had a really nice meal here. The ambience was nice, the service was great and we loved the food. To start I had an artichoke risotto fritter, then our waiter came over to apologize that our mains were taking a long time (they really weren't. I don't know how much time had passed, but it wasn't enough for us to notice a long time had passed) and he brought us some of the soup of the day - butternut squash bisque - on the house! What a nice touch. For my main I had scallops, which were seared and cooked to perfection, with chickpeas and grapes. Sounds like an odd combination, but it really worked. My travelling companion had a pork chop with peaches and, I think, spinach or rapini. It was also delicious. The dessert menu looked great, but by then we were stuffed.

There are newer reviews for Montrio Bistro

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Jose was our server be sure to ask for him especially if you love wine. He is very knowledeable and will recommend what should be paired with what you order. I had the special which was Mahi Mahi and sad to say I didn't care for the dish. The salads we chose were just OK. My husband had the Bistro Steak and loved it as well as the fries and coleslaw that came with it. On a Thursday night they were very crowded think there as a convention nearby and they all came here so it was VERY noisy. We prefer quiet we would come back if Jose was our waiter he made it all worth while. I would choose something different to order.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Seriously, if you are in Monterey (or are within a five hour driving distance) you HAVE to come here! Food is elevated to an art form. We come to Monterey every year in part just to eat here!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Tables beautifully set, outstanding food and attentive service. Our group of four all enjoyed the range of meals we chose, from the fresh wild salmon to braised beef, each dish was superbly prepared, presented well and absolutely delicious. Everyone intends to return at the next opportunity. Fairly expensive, but worth it in more ways than one.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

On Jan 10th we had a completely different experience than the last reviewer which hated the restaurant. We had some small bites, then warm bacon / spinach salad and short ribs - my guests from out of town raved about the food.

It can be noisy and the wait staff can get distracted but on this evening neither was an issue.