“Class without pretense”
Review of Montrio Bistro

Montrio Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Montrio Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 304 Restaurants in Monterey
Cross street: Franklin
Transit: Monterey Airbus and local Bus Transit near Montrio Bistro
“Class without pretense”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Tables beautifully set, outstanding food and attentive service. Our group of four all enjoyed the range of meals we chose, from the fresh wild salmon to braised beef, each dish was superbly prepared, presented well and absolutely delicious. Everyone intends to return at the next opportunity. Fairly expensive, but worth it in more ways than one.

Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Konstancin
“Good food and service”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

On Jan 10th we had a completely different experience than the last reviewer which hated the restaurant. We had some small bites, then warm bacon / spinach salad and short ribs - my guests from out of town raved about the food.

It can be noisy and the wait staff can get distracted but on this evening neither was an issue.

• Visited January 2013
Fresno, California
“Terrible Service/Food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We waited for ever to get waited on, even to the point that others after me were waited upon first. it took 45 minutes to get our food. We saw the wait staff and others standing around jokinig and laughing and not waiting on tables. The food was bad, the service bad and felt I wasn't welcome their, maybe since I was not a local. I felt disrepected. Never again.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Budman1956
kathy s, General Manager at Montrio Bistro, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
I can asure you that is the last thing we want our guests to feel...not wanted! This is how each of us make our living and we cannot do it without you. I hope you give us another try because that certainly is not the typical dining experience at Montrio Bistro. Please accept my sincere apology.
Elk Grove, California
“California Cuisine That's a Must”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I have been here several times. We tell ourselves that we'll try someplace new when visiting but find ourselves gravitating back to Montrio. The only problem with the restaurant was that the food is so delicious that it makes it difficult to order. :) We typically end up sharing small plates to be able to sample as much as we can without needing carts to roll us out to the car after the meal.

• Visited July 2012
“Delicious cuisine and great service in this beautiful seaside town.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

You MUST have dinner here when in town. The starters are unique and delicious. The calamari with its accompanying sauce is a great way to start your meal. I had te pork chop which was grilled to perfection. My wife enjoyed the steak and its decedentashe potatoes. Check out the drink menu as well you will be delighted