“Rude lady !!!!”

International Market & Deli
Ranked #128 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Mediteranian Market & Deli Sell All Kind's Of Middlestern Groceries And Sell Food Like Gyro's - Falafel - Shawerma -hummos - Babaganoug Taboule- And More Hours Mon-sat From 10 Am To 7 Pm - Sun 11 Am To 4 Pmfamily Buisness Try Us
Reviewed July 18, 2014

we were there a few days ago for a falafel sandwich & a chicken gyro. The gyro tasted bad while the sandwich was just ok. The cashier was rude & curt. while we were waiting for our food I saw some sesame sticks packets on a shelf near the counter. I picked up one & paid for it. Was about to open the bag when I noticed that it has already expired in April. I checked all the packets on the shelves & they were all expired.I mentioned this to the lady . She told me here 's your dollar, now give me back my penny in a annoyed way. she told me .. It's ok if you don't want it , I will eat it. I told her the stuff had expired. She said ... So what , there is no dairy in it so stuff like this doesn't expire. In fact all the stuff like pitas or wraps etc in her store, one can eat it for a long time even if it expires. It never goes bad. At the most keep it in the fridge & eat & it will last for a year !!!!! Who talks like this to customers ? The place had open cartons thrown outside the entrance . A big mess !!! The people who run this place don't really wish to keep the place or the area clean & have a bad attitude. Is it ok for them to sell expired food items & get away selling it to customers ? Rude behavior, dirty place & expired stuff ???? Wouldn't go there ever again... Good luck to the ones to still wish to go eat there !!!!

1  Thank Jill S

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Ate lunch and was not disappointed. The lentil soup was delicious and the gyro was very tasty. I'm know I'll be back over and over. Highly recommend.

1  Thank csam48
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This isn’t a place we would ordinarily pick for lunch. The restaurant we’d planned on was closed, and the BBQ place was out of chicken, so we ate here and were pleased. We both had the vegetarian plate, and although well outside of our comfort zone, the food was quite good. It’s a funky and fun little delicatessen with myriads of interesting things on the shelves. Widen your culinary horizons and give it a try.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stop in sometimes to grab a quick gyro. While I'm waiting, I always look around at the amazing selection of Eastern European and Mediterranean foods. If you wondered where you can pick up Lebanese chickpeas, Moldovan desert wine, and Russian chocolate bars, now you know.

The gyros are tasty, with a good sauce, fresh vegetables, and good, tasty lamb. I can highly recommend them.