“Paprika Cafe offers the best garlic chicken sauce, not the chicken meat”
Review of Paprika Cafe

Paprika Cafe
Ranked #104 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were driving back to the Monterey beach resort from Monterey Wharf after biking to watch the sunset, and so quickly grabbed a to-go dinner from Greek Paprika Cafe.

We spent about $30 including tax and tips for the following (not knowing the exact dish name):
1. Garlic chicken over rice
2. Pita with beef
3. Spinach cake (exact dish name)

The beef and chicken pieces were tasteless. The garlic chicken sauce and other sauces compensated the taste well however. Overall, the dishes were yummy, because of the sauce. The spinach cake was an exception. The pieces were small, but well done.

1  Thank Green-Espirit

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I loved the food, my husband wasn't crazy about it. When I told him we were going to a casual place, I don't think he realized just how casual I meant. He doesn't really like hummus ( I ate his and mine!) I got the Greek salad with lamb, he got the Garlic Chicken. I ate everything.......so much food, he ate the chicken and Pita bread, oh ya.....the bread is Amazing, freshly made, warm and delicious. The owner was super busy, could benefit from a little help during the rush hour, we were there at 1:00 and saw several people leave due to the fact there was no place to sit. You get baklava with the check....nice touch.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Cute, small (I mean like 10-12 places inside), quality Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food, one man band owner/waiter/cook/whatever kind of place. He's friendly, busy, but has his act really together. Long on hummus, garlic, kabobs and well cooked foods. Priced right and let's hope he is a huge success.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had the baba ganoush vegetarian combo. Everything on the plate was delicious. This is the best middle eastern food I have had in the U.S. and very reasonable. The owner is very nice and appreciates people who appreciate his food. The baklava is also very good--not as sweet as usual. We bought some to take with us. The place is a few blocks away from the main tourist area, but well worth the detour. I would have gone back the next day, but my boyfriend is less or a fan of middle eastern food than I am. If you like middle eastern food, don't miss Paprika.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Paprika Cafe is small had to wait about 25 minutes. We ended up eating outdoors on small patio. We started with a Greek Salad with Pita bread which was good. The waitress is so friendly and helpful she recommended the Garlic Chicken with garlic sauce, rice and salad and it was delicious! We tried the lamb with the chicken but it was not tender. Stick with the Garlic Chicken and you won't go wrong. My husband tried the Turkish coffee which he liked an we finished our delicious meal with Baklava, yum!