“Dissatisfied”

Papa John's
Ranked #229 of 306 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Papa Johns in Washington, Oregon and other areas in California which have all been good. I was excited when we moved to Monterey this summer that there was a Papa Johns located so closely to my house. I have always known Papa Johns to have good quality and super affordable. This is not the case at the Monterey location. The service is terrible! The people working there are under qualified even to make pizza. They cannot make a decent pizza and it takes 10 minutes for them to take your order over the telephone and then you get home and the order is wrong. The dough is not cooked properly, they use way too much sauce and skimp on the cheese. I have given them a couple of chances because I thought maybe I hit them on a bad day, but it seems to have gotten worse not better. I wont be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's been a while since we had had Papa John's and one afternoon a couple of weeks ago decided to get take out. The concept of what you see is what you get is not true here. What you see online (pictures and prices) is not what you get at the store. Instead you get poor service, higher prices and longer wait times. If you want to enjoy pizza in Monterey, visit CPK instead. Oh, and which place offers military discounts that make your pizza even more expensive than the prices advertised in your window? Shame on you, Papa John's on Lighthouse!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

They mixed up our order. If adding 15-20 cents per pizza is what it cost to give your workers health care ADD it!!!! Don't make me choose my pizza due to your poor choice in politics!!! GO AHC - healthcare for ALL!!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This stuff shouldn't be allowed to be called pizza. We need to pass a law calling this type of stuff "fast food derived from pizza". its disgusting to taste, disgusting for your body to digest, and has almost no nutritional value. Its gross.

Try the pizza at the Hyatt Monterey. brick oven, decent size, italian style, fresh ingredients.. yum!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Papa John's pizza is always good, but when it's delivered 20 minutes late for your kid's birthday party and you ordered it three hours in advance, there's no excuse. I won't order from this branch again, but the pick-up service at the Papa John's on the Presidio is always good.

Note: this is a review of the Lighthouse location's delivery service. Don't know if they have dine-in or not.