“Return after two years”
Review of Super 8 Monterey

Super 8 Monterey
Ranked #34 of 56 Hotels in Monterey
Reviewed March 19, 2014

It was so nice to return to this Motel after two years to find the standards are still as high, clean rooms, comfortable beds and a friendly greeting it was nice that they remembered us.
We hire a car and it is an easy driver to Fishermans Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row
with many very good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Super8Monterey, Manager at Super 8 Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad that your return visit was just as pleasant two years later. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Monterey

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have stayed at Super 8 hotels at a number of locations over the years have been less than enthusiastic about our stays. It was with some trepidation that I booked at the Monterey Super 8 on Fremont Ave. based on tripadvisor reviews. To my surprise, this is a one-story property with parking in front of the rooms. The rooms are large and comfortable, the breakfast adequate Super 8 style. In addition to the location and design of the building, It is the manager and his wife that elevate this Super 8 to the top of the the chain. Friendly, informative and welcoming, the management helped make the stay run smoothly and even gave great advice for a delicious Valentine's Day dinner on a night when every restaurant table in Monterey was reserved.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank cdundeed

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the exceptional service. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very good location (we had a hire car), exceptionally friendly and helpful staff (Bhindu became a great friend in the course of our 4 night stay!), nice clean and well equipped rooms, decent breakfast, and good value for money. Close to the superb Monterey Fish House... you MUST eat here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the property and found it to be a good value. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was stranded in Monterey, CA during the Pebble Beach Golf tournament. All hotels in town had no vacancy, the car repair shop suggested Super 8, I was skeptic but I didn't have much choice. As I walked into the office, the clerk, an older gentleman was checking in some guests, when he was done and it was my turn, he greeted me with absolute friendliness and made me feel welcomed and safe. I explain the situation and he accommodated me right away, helping me with the rate and making sure I was comfortable, he reminded me several times of the breakfast service and recommend a spectacular restaurant across the street. The room was amazing for a 'motel' I felt like I was at the Sofitel in a grand city. I have traveled far and all over the US, I have many memories of travel experiences, but this one will always be in my heart. Thank you!!!!

Room Tip: Best value, grand place
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank KikiT0m

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad our guest room exceeded your expectations. We appreciate you kind words and look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed 3 days last week of January 2014. Was looking for inexpensive, clean motel in the Monterey area. Booked the smallest room here for $49/night. When I arrived they very nicely, without my asking, gave me an upgrade to a king room. Room looked to have been refreshed quite recently. Housekeeping does a very good job - I always give a place a good once over when I arrive and this room was very clean. Good bathtub & shower, great flat screen tv. Best of all was the great wifi connection. Never had any problems with the wifi disconnecting. Also, I am always reluctant to walk around without shoes in motels but noticed during my stay they were having the carpets cleaned in adjacent rooms. I've never seen that before in my many motel/hotel stays. Location was fine - within a few blocks there was a Safeway (with Starbucks), CVS pharmacy, Denny's across the street and many other restaurants/fast food places within a few minutes. Five minutes drive to Fisherman's wharf area, Easy to find, quick on/off highway access for both north and south bound travelers. If you're looking for a good clean budget friendly motel, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank WestcoastMom
Super8Monterey, Manager at Super 8 Monterey, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed the cleanliness and value. We recently replaced all our TVs to 32" Samsung LED televisions to compliment the over 70 cable channels. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

nice place to stay. good location to the harbor and shopping. staff very nice, and help full .enjoyed the time spent in the area. spent two nights.must see cannery row and the shops in the area. the fisher mans wharf has great food and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the visit to Monterey. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 28, 2014